Sunday, December 20, 2009

What a Day!

Well today was pretty good I reckon with all that has happened. Nothing really bad by any means, just more stuff dealing along the lines of a special someone. I know like I have been told by numerous friends and like I know is what I should do is be patient and it will all work out some way, but then I find myself asking the questions, how long should I be patient for, how long should I wait? We all know that patience is a must have in life, especially today, but if you wait to long and have to much patience then you can miss numerous things that could perhaps be passing by right in front of you and you not even notice them cause you're so consumed in what you're waiting for.

I knew something had been on this person's mind for a couple of days or so but just didn't know exactly what it was; however, I found out today. I got a text saying that we needed to talk, please meet me after work, now I hate to be negative but when I am told something of this stature I can not help but think the worst case scenario. I sat at my place for an hour or more which seemed like an eternity just thinking and thinking, what is about to happen, is everything about to fall out from under me that I have right now and have to start back all over at square one where I was only about a month or two ago at the most. Luckily though the thoughts I had were not all true, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be when we finally talked which was a huge relief to me. They said "I am not looking for a relationship right now, nothing against you, you're a great guy but my last relationship just didn't go so well." So on and so forth, I respect that, and I am glad the I was told this, and I know that there is no reason to rush considering we are both 20 or younger, but at the same time I know what I want and would like to happen but I have to respect their wishes and stand by their side for as long as I can wait and support them in every way that I can. I have plenty of patience, but my question is, "How long do I sit here in life at this point and wait on this person that I do truly care about and that I am happy with being their friend but would be happier in dating this person?" I have thought about this question so much lately, you literally have no idea at all.

We all are confronted with decisions and different situations every day though, we must make the decisions sooner or later as well. If we fall, its not about our fall or how hard we fell or what made us fall, it's about how quickly we decide to get back up and push forward in life. We can not let things hold us back/down in life, if we do so we will all miss some great opportunities in life, that I can assure you all of. Tomorrow is another day though and a complete new day, we make it what it turns out to be by our decisions that we make each every day. Hopefully my day tomorrow will unfold to be a great day and perhaps some good news come my way, we just never know what the future holds for us all, just live your life day by day to your fullest and be happy with who you are as a person inside and out.

No comments: