Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hold Your Head High

Through the past few months I have grown personally an enormous amount, but believe me when I say that it is all for the best. I have begun to find my true self inside and most of all find happiness. I am happy though with myself and all of my decisions that I have made as well. I know who my true friends are and I am still finding out and will be for the next couple of weeks who they actually are. Its like I had for my quote during my senior lead out for prom, "Your true friends are the ones who stay there for you or come in for you when the rest of the world and/or so called friends walk out on you." I loved that quote when I first read it back in March of 2008; however, I just recently realized how true and how much it applied to my life and not just in general to the world's population.

This year is now about to come to an end though and I know my New Year's resolution, be myself and surround myself with good, strong and true friends, some of which I want to thank now. To Danika, you're the greatest, you're my sister I never had, but I have you now. I can talk to you about anything at all, and I mean anything when I say that, you never look down on me for any of my decisions either which is great and not to many people can or will do that. Ashton, doll you're truly a great person inside and out, you have so much going for you and to be thankful for as well. Your family is so welcoming to others and that is a great characteristic and a great thing for you to have, I can come to you with anything, if I am feeling down about something you will always help me out and tell me it will be alright and I can find that comforting. Matthew Groomes, thank you for being there for me, I know that we may not talk as much now since you're in Birmingham and I am in Dothan, but fact is there is always going to be a special place in my life for you. You're such an inspiration to me and anyone of whom you have a part in their life, you make such large impacts that I don't believe you realize sometimes but I am telling you that you do. When I text you this past week wanting to talk and needed you to call me, even though we had not barely talked for months you were there for me and called first thing the next morning, but most of all you were understanding about the whole thing and still stand by me even though I know you may not agree completely with my decisions in life, but I am who I am and I am happy with that right now, you are truly one of the best guys I know and by far one of the best guy friends that I have still to this very day. Antonio, I know its a rare occasion for us to talk, but at the same time, I could not talk to you for a year and could text you out of the blue and you seem to always have time for me regardless of where you are at, who you are with or what you are doing, and I greatly appreciate that. I believe that you have helped me into becoming the person I am now today and thank you so much for that. I can ask you for advice and you are always going to tell me the truth no matter what it is, you're not going to tell me something that isn't true cause you don't want to hurt me, you're going to tell me the truth regardless of what it is and then if you see it hurt me or something of that nature you will then help comfort me on the subject, which means a lot. You are a great person, no matter what people think of you or what I have said about you in the past, but past is the past, present is the present and the future is, well lets just find out and see. :) To a special person I have in my life right now, I am not going to disclose any names though and you know who you are. You're so awesome, you're funny, out going, nice as can be, attractive and have so much else going for you too. I can not think anyone enough for introducing us, the past few weeks have been great and hopefully it will continue to be that way. I have all the time to wait and I am in no rush as we have talked about. I am always here for you as a friend regardless of the conditions, whether you need to talk, have a shoulder to cry on or just to have a friend to sit around and relax with and have a bite to eat and/or drink.
Now I am going to begin bringing this to an end cause I know its getting a little long. I hope you all have a great week and a Merry Christmas, remember those who are close to you and your family during this time of the year. We never know if we might see the person that we care about secretly again or not, so instead of keeping it inside yourself, tell them how you feel. And most of all, don't hide yourself from the whole world, be yourself and be happy with your decisions in life, don't regret your decisions from the day when you lie your head down at night. Well I wish you all the best and go into the New Year with your heads held high and confident in who you are as a person inside and out.

No comments: